Update to 6.3 not working

emrsings1
emrsings1
Community Member

I just tried to install the latest up date from 6.2 to 6.3. I'm on an iMac 10.11.6. I get this error message: "Your saved data appears to be newer than this version of 1Password can use. Please update your copy of 1Password to its latest version." What do I do now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Your saved data appears to be newer than this version of 1Password can use. Please update your copy of 1Password to its latest version.

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @emrsings1 , That sounds frustrating!
    Did you restart your Mac?
    Does the error persist after a restart?

Cheers,
    Rob

• Hi @emrsings1 ,

Are you trying to install 6.3 or 6.3.2? Make sure you are installing 6.3.2 and you should not get that error. If you are installing 6.3.2, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

Looks like 6.3. Right now I have all my data and the icon is in the toolbar and working but I have no 1Password app in my applications.
    How do I get 6.3.2?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emrsings1,

Are you using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password? If so, you can download the latest version from our download site: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Or if you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, launch the Mac App Store and look for 1Password in the Purchased or Updates section (depending on whether or not the 1Password app is currently installed on your Mac). It should give you the option to install or update it, and it will be for the latest version.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• kmclin
    kmclin
    Community Member

I have been having a samilar update issue - forever. When I get the notice to upgrade, I can click on the download button, then click on Install and Relaunch. Everything goes fine (apparently) except that the software is not updated. When I check the version it is still the one prior to updating, and if I check for updates from the 1Password menu, I get the whole update prompt again. I could contintue this process forever, apparently. Killing and restarting the software makes no difference.

I just tried to update from version 6.3.1 to 6.3.2, but this was also happening with previous versions. The only way I have been able to update (for ages now, through many versions) is to download the file from a link like the one provided by Drew_AG (thanks for that, by the way) and then install manually. I'm perfectly happy doing that, but I find the automated process pretty frustrating. Maybe you could give an option to simply download the software to a place from where it could be installed manually - I have no idea where the automated scripts are putting it, else I would have done that in the first place.

FYI, I'm runnig a 15" MBP with OSX 10.11.6, but I used to have this same problem with 10.10 and 10.9.

Love the software. Recommend it to all my friends. I just wish this update process was not so incredibly frustrating.

KM

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

After the restart now I have 6.3.2 in my Applications folder. Hpwhen I try to open it I keep getting the same error message saying 1Password has unexpectedly quit and ask if I'd like to send a report. It closes so quickly that it doesn't allow me to make a comment in the space provided. Now what?
    This forum is not very helpful since I haven't been given a solution for 4 days.

• Hi @emrsings1 ,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I'd like for you to send us the crash report. It normally should pause and let you send the report, but you can retrieve it from your system and send it.

In the Finder choose Go To Folder… from the Go menu and enter the following text:

/Users/kevin/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx/Data/Library/Caches/com.plausiblelabs.crashreporter.data/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx/queued_reports

Then look for the newest file in that folder. Copy that out to your desktop.

I'd also like you to send in a diagnostic report. The instructions for doing that are here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) and the crash report you copied to your desktop to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to see the cause of the crash and advise you on how to take care of it fairly quickly.

Regards,
    Kevin

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin. It says the folder can't be found.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emrsings1,

Sorry about that! I think Kevin just forgot to mention that you'll need to change the name of the Mac user folder from "kevin" to your own:

/Users/**YOUR MAC USER FOLDER**/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx/Data/Library/Caches/com.plausiblelabs.crashreporter.data/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx/queued_reports

The rest of that file path is correct, you just need to change that one folder name. I'm sorry for the confusion! Please let us know if you run into any other problems when following those steps. Cheers! :)

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

I put in my name "Ellen" where Kevin had put his name and the folder still can't found.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emrsings1,

I’m sorry that this has been frustrating for you. Let’s start off with just the Diagnostics Report and see if that sheds some light on things.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• emrsings1
    emrsings1
    Community Member

Thank you Megan. Finally! I will send all this info and hopefully it will be fixed at last.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emrsings1,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I see that someone from our support team has already responded - please let us know if you do not see an email in your inbox. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: VLU-13825-943

This discussion has been closed.