Custom Icons

Furzul
Furzul
Community Member

I am having trouble attaching custom icons in my 1 password account on my macbook. If I go to an item in the personal vault, click edit, double click the icon field then choose the icon that I want, as soon as I click on save it reverts to the standard icon. I have got the custom icons on my iPhone,but they have not transferred to the Macbook. On the macbook in >preferences >general I have got (use rich icons ) selected.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Furzul ,

Thanks for letting us know. This is a known issue that should be fixed in an upcoming update. In the meantime, if you look at your item in 1Password mini (the menu bar icon) you should see the custom icon there.

Regards,
    Kevin

• tlspam
    tlspam
    Community Member

It's now October and I'm having the same issue. When do you think this will be fixed?

• tlspam
    tlspam
    Community Member

I don't understand what you mean by (the menu bar icon)?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tlspam

I'd recommend you to check whether you're on the latest version of 1Password, to see if this is working now for you :chuffed: The menu bar icon means "1Password mini", the 1Password icon that you can find by the date on your computer that makes it easier to enjoy 1Password at any moment!

ref: OPM-4313

• tlspam
    tlspam
    Community Member

I am running the latest version. 6.3.3

Custom icons do not work on the 1Password mini either.

Frustrating to say the lease.

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tlspam,

I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you! If custom icons aren't working in version 6.3.3, it sounds like this might be a different issue than the original one from this thread. To help us figure out what's going on, can you please let us know some more details about your setup and the problem you're experiencing:

• What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Are you using a 1Password.com account?
    • If you're not using an account, which sync option are you using (iCloud, Dropbox, etc)?
    • Are you syncing your 1Password data with any other devices? If so, do your custom icons appear on those devices?
    • Is the problem happening with custom icons for Login items, another type of item, or all types of items?
    • Do rich icons for Login items appear correctly?
    • After editing an item and adding a custom icon, does it revert to the regular rich icon after clicking Save, like in the OP's original description?

Thanks in advance! :)

• tlspam
    tlspam
    Community Member

I'm using 10.11.6 and I purchased thru the AgileBits store.
    I am using a 1Password.com account and the custom icon actually works if I add it on the 1Password.com account but will not work if I try using it on the mac software version.
    When adding the icon I do see it very quickly appear in the logo spot but then it reverts back to the old icon.
    Thanks
    Tom

• jch02140
    jch02140
    Community Member

I am also having similar problem.

I am using Mac OS X Yoshmite 10.10.5. 1Password version is 6.3.4 (634001).

The problem is that when I add the custom icon to an entry, after confirm the new icon it does not reflect in the entry when it is still in edit mode. The image only gets updated upon clicking on the "Save" button in the entry edit screen.

Best Regards,
    Johney

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tlspam

Thank you for the extra details about what you're seeing with the Rich Icons, could you please restart your computer and see if that makes any difference? Could you please go to your application folder and see if by any chance you have more than one copy of 1Password installed? If you only have one copy, please try the next thing: drag the app into the trash can, empty the trashcan and then restart your computer. Then go to https://1password.com/downloads/ and get the latest version of 1Password and install it. Please check if your costume icons start working or if you're still having some trouble.

Please let us know how all this goes for you :chuffed:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jch02140

I think your issue is a bit different from the one tlspam is mentioning. You need to save the changes before you're able to see the costume icons applied. If the moment you click on save you can see them, then it sounds like 1Password is behaving correctly :chuffed:

• jch02140
    jch02140
    Community Member

@Pilar Oh Ok. But I thought it used to be that when you change the icon, it will immediately reflect in the entry in edit mode in the previous version...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jch02140,

I thought it used to be that when you change the icon, it will immediately reflect in the entry in edit mode in the previous version...

Indeed, and that's the way it should normally behave - but right now there's a known issue where you won't see the changed icon until you click Save. When Pilar said it's behaving "correctly", she just meant the icon is being changed even though you don't see it right away. Sorry for the confusion about that!

I don't have a timeframe for when that will be fixed, but I hope this helps clear up the confusion. If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Thanks! :)

ref: OPM-4381

• jch02140
    jch02140
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Ah Ok. Thanks for the clarification. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.