Purchased standalone app, yet unable to use it

alst
alst
Community Member

Hi Agilebits,

I am a bit frustrated with this experience so far. Last Friday I bought the standalone Mac app, but the license activation doesn't work. Here is what I see:

• saving passwords disabled
  • filling passwords disabled
  • "account frozen" everywhere

Now, I received a response to my first email on Saturday, which said:

"Indeed, since you purchased a license, that unlocks the standalone app, not a 1Password Account, which is a subscription."

But my point is that the standalone app isn't unlocked. Of course I have tried adding the license file (.onepassword-license), and although I get a confirmation message saying "Thank you for supporting 1Password!" the app is still saying that my account it frozen. So what can I do? Is this a bug? Or did I misunderstand what I was buying?

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alst,

I'm so sorry this has all been such a frustrating experience for you! We can definitely help to clear this all up.

There's been quite a lot of confusion about the difference between "licenses" and "accounts", and that's something we're trying to improve. But to make a long story short: You signed up for a 1Password account, which is a subscription service. After the free account trial, your account became frozen. Instead of unfreezing the account by reactivating your subscription, you purchased a license, which is a different way to purchase/use 1Password. A license doesn't unfreeze an account - a license is meant to activate the 1Password app without using an account.

I see that you've been in touch with one of our team members via email, and that you've been waiting to hear back about your last few replies to that conversation. I'm very sorry you haven't received another response yet! In both our email and forum support, we generally reply to the oldest in the list first and work toward the newest. Each time you reply, the timestamp on the conversation is updated and it gets bumped up to the top of the list (i.e. "the newest"). So each of your follow-up emails had the unfortunate side-effect of moving you further down the line.

You probably have more questions about all this, and since we need to continue helping you with this via email, we'll keep the conversation going there (I'll make sure someone replies as soon as possible). I'm sorry for the delay, but we should be able to get everything cleared up very soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: RUN-11341-992

This discussion has been closed.