Multiple displays, Safari Browser Extension menu appears on wrong display

cpanderson
cpanderson
Community Member

I've read a few posts on this issue going back to 2013 and they were closed.

Mac OS X 10.11.6
Safari 10
1Password 6.3.1

My top display is in full screen/single application mode with Safari. My bottom display (macbook) is in regular mode. When I click on the 1Password button the contextual menu appears in the proper position but on the bottom display instead of the top display.

What's the latest on this issue?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 631005
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @cpanderson , I have a question: When you open the main 1Password app, does it appear on the same monitor as your browser?
    I think you'll find that all app-related windows will open on the same monitor as the main app?

Cheers,
    Rob

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cpanderson,

I'm sorry to hear the 1Password mini/extension window is opening on the wrong display! This is most likely a different issue than the one from back in 2013, although the symptoms might be very similar. Either way, it's something we hear about occasionally, and our developers have looked into it and would like to fix it, although it's been difficult to track down exactly what causes that.

For now, there's something you can try that might help: On the display where you want it to appear, try dragging the 1Password mini window to the center of the screen until it 'snaps' into place. After doing that, is there any difference in which display it appears on when you click the 1Password icon in Safari?

ref: OPM-1603

• cpanderson
    cpanderson
    Community Member

I'll experiment a bit and get back to you. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cpanderson,

We appreciate your help in tracking this bug down! :)

This discussion has been closed.