'Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.' - 1Password 6, El Capitan iMac

kurtik
kurtik
Community Member

My laptop's drive crashed, so I downloaded a fresh copy of 1Password onto our family iMac; forwarded the license key from the original email & successfully registered it on the new computer. The keychain file was backed up on Dropbox, so I pointed the 'Where is your data?' question to the latest one in the Dropbox folder (the files have names like '1Password 2016-06-07 220434 (258 items).agilekeychain_zip'). Entering my password then leads to the 'Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.' error message. Help? Please?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.2 (632001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

Comments

• Hi @kurtik,

Those look like zipped copies of your keychain. You should see one that is just named 1Password.agilekeychain and has a relatively recent date. That is the one you should open.

If you don't have a file with that name, take the latest file you have with the name you describe, and rename it so that it ends with .zip (including the period). Then double click that file and it should unzip into a file named 1Password.agilechain. After that start 1Password again and open that file when asked where your data is.

If you have any trouble with that, or have any questions, feel free to reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.