migration problem

Dave Creek
Dave Creek
Community Member

I am trying to import my Password data from my Mac !Password vault (there is only 1) to my newly established on line vault. I follow steps 1 through 4 of "To import data into your new account". When I select Edit>Share my new vault does not appear.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dave Creek: It looks like you also contacted us via email. If you prefer that method, that's fine. But let's keep the conversation in one place to avoid confusion.

Are you signed in to your 1Password Account in 1Password Preferences > Accounts? It sounds like you may only have the one vault in 1Password currently. If that's the case, you won't have the option to copy (or move) data anywhere — there are no other vaults to use as a destination.

Also make sure that 1Password is unlocked and that you've selected items only in the local vault if you want to copy them to your 1Password Account. It's easiest if you select the Primary vault from the 1Password menu, since you'll only be shown its items (which it sounds like you want to copy).

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the OS and 1Password versions you're using and the exact steps you're taking. I hope this helps! :)

ref: FJX-43468-862

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member

Sorry about the the email as well as the forum request. I'll stick with the web. You might, however, want to look at the screenshot I included with it. I couldn't figure out how to include the screen shot in my forum entry.

The problem, I guess, is that I don't understand what the new setup will be now that I have an online account as well as the original local account. I DO have only one vault in my local account. I thought that I had to transfer all the data in that one vault to a new vault in my new online account. Is that not the case?

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member

OK Brent, I finally am on board because I reread your email response, CAREFULLY this time, and saw that I had not signed in to my account, Of course, as soon as I did that I was able to migrate all of the data in my Mac vault to my on line vault. Probably more questions later, but for now I'm out your hair. Many thanks for the help.

Dave

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dave Creek

I'm glad to hear that brenty's answer did the trick for you! On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! If you bump into any issues or need help with anything else, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.