Connect 1password from iOS to Mac 4.4.3

Mbwakali
Mbwakali
Community Member

I recently signed up with 1password, downloaded the ios app. I would like to set it up on my mac as well, but I can only use version 4.4.3 as I can only upgrade to Mac OS 10.9.5. How do I set up an existing account when I open up 4.4.3 for the first time? When I do open it up, the options given are not ones I am able to use.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mbwakali

I'm glad to hear that you're trying out a 1Password Account! 1Password accounts are new, and they can't be added on older versions of 1Password. The features did not exist back then, that's why everything looks different.

However, you have a couple of options to enjoy 1Password! On one hand, you can keep the subscription and use it via de web interface. You will not be able to use all of the awesome 1Password features like the browser extension but everything else will be there. If you get a new computer or device you'll be able to start using 1Password immediately! The second option is to get a standalone license and use the legacy version of 1Password. In this case you will be able to use the browser extension, but you'll need to deal with syncing manually and you won't have access on a web browser on any computer.

I'm sorry that we don't have a better solution for people who need to run legacy software, but I really hope one of these options will do the trick for you. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.