Chrome extension blocks access to page (clicks) after sign-in when declining to save credentials

henkealg
henkealg
Community Member

When logging in to a website using Chrome (52.0.2743.116) with 1password locked, and declining to open 1password to add the credentials, the first page of the website is blocked from access (mouse clicks) until page refresh or if the 1password icon in the browser is clicked.

It seems that this issue occurs only if Chrome is also asking to save the credentials upon logging in.
I hope you understand the scenario. If not I have made a small screen-cast of the behaviour that I am happy to share with 1password in private.
Please let me know if this is needed and how to share it (link in email preferred).
Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.15
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @henkealg,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem! This sounds like a known issue our developers are aware of and have been looking into. I apologize for the inconvenience! I don't have a timeframe for when to expect a fix for this, but I'll let our developers know you've also reported it.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about that, and I'm sorry again for the trouble. Aside from that issue, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. If you need anything else, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

ref: OPM-1519

• henkealg
    henkealg
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG ,
    Thank you for the response. Good to know that you are aware of the issue.
    I have recently switched from a more simple credential storage and 1password is a perfect fit for me.

The problem I have reported can be fixed locally by unchecking the "Offer to save passwords" checkbox in the advanced section of the Crome settings page (at least for Mac).
    All the best.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know how you were able to work around the problem! That's a handy tip and I'm sure it will be helpful for others who might run into this. We recommend turning off the browser's built-in password manager anyway, since 1Password should prompt to save passwords.

I'm very happy to hear you've switched to 1Password! I hope you've been enjoying it, and if you run into other problems or have any questions, you know where to find us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.