Multiple vaults no longer work since installing 1Password 6.

vicholec
vicholec
Community Member

Hi!

My husband and l have a multiple-user license for 1Password and to date have each had our own primary vaults as well as a shared vault. All our respective devices have access to our own primary as well as the shared vault (iMac, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 2 MacBook Pros) through DropBox syncing. I have recently switched laptops from a MacBook Air to a MacBook Pro (and will be switching again in the near future), and was prompted to download the latest version of 1Password - 1Password 6, Version 6.3.2 (632001). My previous laptop had 1Password 5 on it.

I can access my primary vault as per usual on my MacBook Pro. However, there is no way for me to sync additional vaults. When you initially sync a vault via DropBox, it only gives the option of selecting one sync file. I have thus lost all the info in the shared vault. This vault continues to work fine on the iOS app.

Is this a feature that has been removed with the new Families/Teams accounts? We already paid for the license, so it is unlikely that we'd be paying for a plan on top of that...

Please advise.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• fahirsch
    fahirsch
    Community Member

double click the shared vault in dropbox. It will prompt you to create a new vault in 1Password. Do so

• vicholec
    vicholec
    Community Member

Thank you! That worked. Don't I feel stupid now...

• vicholec
    vicholec
    Community Member

Thank you! That worked. Don't I feel stupid now...

• fahirsch
    fahirsch
    Community Member

Been there. But I think that 1Password should have a command to open vaults that one wishe to add

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vicholec ,

I’m so glad that @fahirsch was able to help you get your new computer set up! I’m so sorry for the confusion.

Since you mentioned 1Password accounts, I do want to talk briefly about how an account could help in a situation like this. While standalone vaults do require individual setup (as you just discovered), when you sign in to a new device using a 1Password account, you’ll instantly have access to all your data in all your vaults. It’s quite handy.

Of course, if you’re content using the licensed version of 1Password, that option is not going away, but if you would like to learn a bit more about 1Password Families, I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

This discussion has been closed.