Convert from free 1Password account to subscription service

Options
bdeandel
bdeandel
Community Member

I would like to convert the free 1Password account to a subscription account to be able to access my 1Password account on multiple iPhones and our home computer. How do I go about making this conversion?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bdeandel , Great to see that you want to use a 1Password account!
    You can find complete instructions to do so here.

If you should hit any bumps, or have any further questions, please return to this thread — there's always someone around to help.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• bdeandel
    bdeandel
    Community Member
    Options

Rob....thanks for trying to help, but that does not seem to be the answer or more information is needed. I have already been using 1Password on my iPhone and would like to be able to see the same information on an additional iPhone, iPad, and home PC. It appears as if I would need the new subscription account to accomplish that, but I don't want to have to enter all the information I have already entered on the iPhone. Can someone from the AgileBits team please help me with instructions on how to accomplish this. Thanks

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@bdeandel I'm also not with AgileBits (though I'm sure they'll be by soon, they always are!), but you might find the information at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ a bit more helpful, specifically the section at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data on how to import data if you click on iOS. On the phone it is an item-by-item copy though the process is simple for each item; from a Mac you're syncing to the phone with Dropbox or iCloud, or from a Windows computer you're syncing to the phone with Dropbox, it would be a bit easier to import in bulk.

Depends on how many passwords you have, but I think with the data on the iPhone only you might have to do the move one item at a time at the moment, unless there's a way I'm missing to do an iPhone backup, restore to a computer (this is what I think can't be done) and move en masse from there to the 1Password Account.

• Ben
    Options

The migration link dszp provided should prove useful. :) Please reach out if you have any difficulty with it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.