Delete Vault Crash

brendanburns
brendanburns
Community Member

I'm trying to delete a vault, but each time I attempt, the whole program crashes. What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete vault crashes

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brendanburns,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. In order to help you out here, I’ll need a bit more detail. Could you describe the steps that you are taking to delete the vault?

It would also be helpful to know your version information: both the version number of 1Password, and the operating systems that you’re using.

• brendanburns
    brendanburns
    Community Member

Megan,
    Thanks for your interest. I'm running the latest version of 1Password (6.3.2) on a Macbook Pro (v10.10.5). I recently started a personal account and followed the instructions for importing data and then deleting the old vault: "Switch to your old vault, then from the 1Password menu, choose Delete Vault."
    Every time I follow these instructions 1Password crashes.
    Any thoughts?

• @brendanburns Thanks for letting us know. We fixed this issue in a recent beta of 1Password for Mac. If you'd like to delete your Primary vault, though, there's no need to update to the beta right now. Instead, simply start over with 1Password and sign in to your new account. Let us know how that goes! :)

• brendanburns
    brendanburns
    Community Member

Got it! Thanks for the workaround.

• No problem at all. Happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.