Deleting Dropbox files after setting up a subscription?

AlexanderW
AlexanderW
Community Member

Hi,

I've previously used Dropbox to sync a single vault between Apple devices. Today, I signed up for the new personal subscription service and migrated all of the data from my old Dropbox vault into my new 1Password personal vault, then deleted my old Dropbox vault from within the Mac app.

My question is whether or not it is now safe to delete the "1Password" folder containing "1Password.agilekeychain" from the Dropbox folder on my Mac? I can't see any mention of Dropbox in my 1Password settings, and I don't have "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" enabled or anything, but the Dropbox data hasn't been automatically removed. Should I delete it? It seems redundant now, from my understanding of the way the subscription service works.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @AlexanderW , Good to see that you've signed up for a 1Password Account!

1Password is not enabled to automatically delete your 1Password vault on Dropbox. However, if you are quite certain that you have synced all of your 1Password items to the AgileBits servers, your data on Dropbox is, as you say, redundant and you can delete it.

I hope that this helps, but if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to return to this thread.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AlexanderW
    AlexanderW
    Community Member

Thanks very much Rob!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlexanderW,

I’m so glad that Rob’s answer helped you out! I hope you enjoy your new 1Password account - please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.