I have 1PW on my mac but trying to extend it to other devices I created a new account

kinlyon
kinlyon
Community Member

I would like to bring the accounts together into 1 and have 1 PW installed on mac, 2 MacBook airs and 2 iphones. What do I need to do? The accounts are in different 'names' (@mac.com and @me.com) as the mac mail addresses changed.

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @kinlyon , As annoying as the Apple decision to change their email domain was, your iCloud/Apple account should have remained unchanged. Theoretically, you should be able to use either of your mail addresses to access your account. If, however, you set up a new @me account with a new password, you will need to choose either one or the other to sync your devices.

To synchronise two iCloud accounts, go to one of your Macs that is logged into the iCloud account that you wish to use in the future
    • Go to 1Password > Settings > Backup and choose Backup Now
    • When your backup is complete, go to 'Sync'
    • Set sync to 'None' Do not choose delete data
    • Reset sync to iCloud. As you just logged out of the iCloud, you will be asked to log in again — choose your second AppleID
    • Sync with the iCloud — your data will be merged in the Primary Vault
    • Reverse the process
    • Backup your data
    • Set sync to 'None' Do not choose delete data
    • Reset sync to iCloud, using the Apple ID that you wish to use to sync all of your devices
    • Set all of your devices to synchronise with this same account

I hope this helps, but if you should have any problems or further questions, please return to this thread.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• kinlyon
    kinlyon
    Community Member

Thanks. Will give it a go and let you know. Cheers Patrick

• kinlyon
    kinlyon
    Community Member

Rob - I have version 3.8.22 running on an iMac and I cannot find a settings option. The help menu also gives 'not found' when I search for settings. Any ideas?

• Hi @kinlyon ,

Is this an old Mac as well (i.e. running an older version of OS X)? Version 3.8.22 supported an iCloud sync method that is no longer supported by Apple. So it can not use iCloud to sync with 1Password version 6 on newer devices. If you can not upgrade this Mac and/or 1Password, it might be better to use Dropbox for syncing instead.

Let us know and we can help you out with that.

Regards,
    Kevin

• kinlyon
    kinlyon
    Community Member

OS X Version is OSX El Capitain 10.11.6 - I think that it is up to date and should support sync.

• @kinlyon Thanks for letting us know. That version of OS X does support iCloud sync, but Dropbox would be better to sync with at this point since you're using 1Password 3. That version of the app was replaced in 2013, and it has some compatibility issues with El Capitan that you may want to keep an eye out for. The good news is, you can use your current license to upgrade to 1Password 6 and start using iCloud sync if you'd like. :) Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.