1 Password does not put in password on iPhone when trying to log in to LinkedIn app

Options
rasampson1
rasampson1
Community Member
edited August 2016 in iOS

My IPhone has the 1 Password extension installed as shown on your help pages. When I try to login to the Linked In site, I use the share icon, and open the 1 Password and login to 1 password and touch the linked in login item but the password does not get input into the login window. I know that linked in does not support the extension but it should work using this method.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rasampson1,

I apologize but I’m having a bit of trouble following your steps here. Are you attempting to log in to LinkedIn using mobile Safari, the browser built into 1Password, or the LinkedIn app? I tested a few options here, and this is what I see:

using mobile Safari

1. Navigate to LinkedIn’s sign in page
    2. Tap the Share sheet and select 1Password
    3. Unlock with my fingerprint
    4. Tap my LinkedIn item
    5. 1Password fills my details as expected.

using the browser inside 1Password

1. Unlock the 1Password app
    2. Tap ‘Categories'
    3. Search for my LinkedIn item
    4. Tap to view my LinkedIn item details
    5. Tap the web address
    6. 1Browser opens to the LinkedIn sign in page with my details already filled.

using the LinkedIn app

LinkedIn has not enabled the 1Password app extension, so my sign in process looks a bit different here:

1. Open the LinkedIn app
    2. Switch to 1Password
    3. Unlock the app
    4. Find my LinkedIn item and view the details
    5. Tap on my password and select ‘copy’
    6. Switch back to the LinkedIn app
    7. Type in my email address (I could copy and paste this from 1Password as well, but I find that it’s not a big deal to type it in)
    8. Tap in the password field and paste my password.

Please let me know if you’re seeing something differently than I am. :)

• rasampson1
    rasampson1
    Community Member
    Options

I received an email from a person on Linked in to join their network. I only accept an invitation to connect after I view that person's profile. So I clicked on the button in that email to view that person's profile That sends me from Apple mail to the linked in web site on the iPhone. Not sure if that is via the Safari or linked in app, I have both on my iPhone. So I see my picture and the login window to log on to Linked in. I click on the share Icon at the bottom of the screen which allows me to then choose 1 Password and the master password screen opens, I fill it in and the login link appears in 1 password for Linked in. I click on that and it goes back to the linked in login screen but does not fill in the password. The Linked In login window in 1 Password has all the required info to insert but does not insert it. Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rasampson1,

Thanks for clarifying! If you’re seeing the Share sheet, it sounds to me like you’re in mobile Safari. If 1Password is not filling in both fields, then we might need to update the Login item. I just created a new Login in 1Password and verified that this item will fill correctly. Let’s try this:

1. Open 1Password for iOS
    2. Rename your existing LinkedIn item to LinkedIn, old or something clever so you can tell it apart from the new one
    3. In the Categories screen, tap the + at the top right and select ‘Login’
    4. Start typing LinkedIn and select the ‘LinkedIn’ item when it becomes available
    5. Fill in your email address and password and select Save (If your password is something long and un-typable, you can type in some gibberish and then copy/paste your proper password after the item has been saved.)

If you go to the LinkedIn site on mobile Safari now, does this new item fill?

• rasampson1
    rasampson1
    Community Member
    Options

no it did not input the info.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rasampson1

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this issue. I just tested in both 1Browser and mobile Safari and both filled correctly. Can you please confirm for me the exact version number of each 1Password and iOS you have, and also which device you are using (e.x. iPhone 6S Plus)?

Thanks.

Ben

• rasampson1
    rasampson1
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone 6s plus
    1Password Version: 6.4.4
    OS Version: iOS 9.3.4 (13g35)
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. I'm running the v6.5 beta of 1Password for iOS, but I don't think that would make a difference here. I'll ask our filling team to take a look and see if there is anything we can improve for this website.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.