Bought Pro version on Android to use multiple devices but not allowing edits on Desktop chrome

Lsantos
Lsantos
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

Hi I had the free version of the app on my android and loved it but later wanted to save unlimited passwords, make edits on the go, and access across multiple platforms (phone, Mac desktop, and ipad) so I paid and upgraded to the Pro version. The app works fine and syncs via Dropbox across my devices but I am not able to manually add new passwords or access all my folders in the desktop chrome extension. It keeps saying i need to upgrade as if I haven't upgraded to Pro already and won't display folders like credit cards, bank cards and ID. I get around it by using the android app primarily but it is inconvent considering I had upgraded to be able to access my passwords across all my devices! I had also wanted to support the development of a useful product when Agile Bits was first starting out. Anyone have advice on how to use the Pro version of the app across all my devices especially the mac desktop? I've tried changing browsers and reinstalling the application - it periodically disappears prompting me to re-install it! Please help.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The thing is that the different platforms are separate purchases, and if you have the Android version, this does not entitle you to use the Mac version.

You can buy the Mac version with a one-time licence (it also covers Windows), and the iOS version is free with an in-app purchase that provides useful extra features. I'm not familiar with Android myself, I have a feeling that it has a free trial period with purchase needed after that. You might be required to pay again if there is a major upgrade that you want.

Alternatively, you can go for the new subscription version, which covers all platforms with no additional cost for any future upgrades. I think this is the best option for new users, but you do have the other option. Many people just refuse to pay subscriptions, and also the subscription keeps data for synchronising in the cloud, whereas the stand-alone version (and actually it could still be done with a subscription) allows for all synchronisation to be local.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lsantos,

I apologize for the confusion here! Danco is right, purchasing the Pro features for 1Password for Android doesn’t translate into access to the 1Password apps on other platforms.

We have introduced a new service, 1Password accounts, which will give you the universal access that you’re looking for. With a 1Password account you have access to 1Password on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, with all updates and upgrades included for as long as your subscription is active. There’s a lot more awesome features included and I’d be happy to discuss them in more detail if you have questions.

Of course, the licensed version is still an option as well. You can get a license for the desktop versions of 1Password in our AgileBits Store.

I hope this helps!

• Lsantos
    Lsantos
    Community Member

Thanks Danco and Megan. I think I downloaded the desktop version initially then upgraded to pro on my android as it's more practical to use on the go. So Megan are you saying the only way to get the all devices access is to subscribe to the monthly plan?

Thanks

Lesley

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

No, but you do have to buy the version for different devices separately if you don't want to subscribe.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Lesley ( @Lsantos ),

Did Danco’s reply help? Essentially, there are two ways to purchase 1Password: either using standalone licenses or with the 1Password account subscription.

Standalone licenses

• You can purchase a license for 1Password to use on your desktops via the AgileBits Store.
    • This license is good for the current version of 1Password and includes all in-version updates. (The mobile Pro features are a separate purchase).
    • With the standalone licenses you can control where your data is stored: your data never leaves your computer unless you choose to sync using a third-party service like Dropbox, iCloud, or Wi-Fi.

1Password accounts

• Sign up for an account at 1Password.com, or take advantage of 1Password Families or 1Password for Teams to share data among your family or team.
    • Your subscription fee includes all of the 1Password apps, and all updates and upgrades are included as long as your account is active.
    • With the subscription service, sync is handled by the server, so there’s no need to set up third-party sync: your data is available to you on any device simply by signing into your 1Password account in the app.
    • Web access to your database (and some other pretty great features) are also included.

I hope this clears things up, but we’re here if you have further questions!

• Lsantos
    Lsantos
    Community Member

Thanks both! That clears up my confusion on why 1password Pro wasn't working on all my devices!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of danco and Megan, you're very welcome! I'm glad they were able to help clear up the confusion about all that.

We're here for you if you need anything else, so don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.