App vs individual subscription

Options
stoneturner
stoneturner
Community Member

I've been using 1P for a couple of months, App downloaded from iTunes. I have only added a few docs to secure files. I'd like to download the new 6 mo free trial of individual subscription but I'm nervous after searching forum of problems; transferring data from primary to personal. I've not seen primary and personal, I just gather this is created from the process. I won't delete the app and will update it simultaneously with subscription for awhile. I save to cloud - although I have no idea how to retrieve data from the cloud without going to the source or app that saved it there. I'm just not a techie. So is there somewhere I can compare app vs individual subs? I've read what it offers but don't understand how it's different or new benefits. Probably because I don't use current app to full capacity or featured. Thank you much - love the app.

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @stoneturner, I'm not with AgileBits, but the process to migrate your data to the 1Password subscription account is listed at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ for the various platforms. If you sign up and don't add the account to any of your apps, nothing will be saved there, and you can only access your account from the website, which may be fine as a "holding pattern" if you don't want to use it right away.

I can't seem to find a full comparison table between the non-subscription plans and the subscription plans on the 1Password or AgileBits sites (though I think I've seen a rundown here in the forums), but this paragraph from the bottom of https://1password.com/sign-up/ shows some of the stuff you don't get in the subscription:

[Standalone] licenses enable you to get the benefits of 1Password but it is important to know that some features depend on our hosted service and are therefore only available to subscribers. For example, web access on 1Password.com, automatic syncing, item history, secure sharing with family members, and several other features will not be available to those who purchase a license.

The main gist is that with the subscription account, AgileBits takes care of securely storing your information (in a way that even they can't see because it's only unlocked in your web browser or the local applications and your master password is not sent to them), plus you get access to all apps across all platforms for the duration of your subscription, while with the standalone version you purchase it per-platform, and any synchronization takes a bit more effort to set up using your own Dropbox or iCloud account, and is a little more complex, and a little harder to share with family members vs. the Families subscription account (plus you have the option of not syncing at all, but where's the fun in that? :-)

• stoneturner
    stoneturner
    Community Member
    Options

@dszp. Thx very much for your quick reply. Much appreciated!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist @dszp! @stoneturner If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.