limitation in Password Generator forced me to use Keychain Access

RichBT
RichBT
Community Member

I was setting up an account at a federal government website. The site requires new registrants to submit a 'security code' of 4 to 12 digits. It's like a secondary password. Not something I run into often. Of course I wanted one 12 digits long and to use the computer to generate it, as people don't do random well and computers can, at least for some definitions of 'random'.

The 1Password Password Generator won't generate a password of only digits longer than 10 characters. Keychain Access allows me to generate random strings of numbers up to 31 characters.

I request that AgileBits consider adding a 'numbers only' setting to Password Generator like Keychain Access has. That way I can generate random number strings up to Password Generator's limit of 50 characters.

I use Keychain Access only when I have to. Along with iTunes, it's pretty much the pits in the Mac world in terms of ease of use. I much prefer the friendlier environment of 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @RichBT,

We actually do have some improvements planned for our password generator. We'll keep your example in mind. In the past we haven't come across any that required more than 10 digits, but I can certainly see how some could request all-numeric codes. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. I don't have a timeline on when we'll see these improvements, but we will take your situation into consideration.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.