Online version shows personal the android phone Persönlich and Primär. can't sync

crflyown
crflyown
Community Member

Started using 1Password online and on Android. But both don't sync.

1Password Version: 6.3.3 Android
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:persönlich

Comments

• Hey @crflyown. Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the forums! :)

It sounds like you may be saving your data in your local vault on Android, which would be why it isn't syncing with your 1Password account. Can you confirm that you've added your account on your Android by unlocking 1Password and tapping Settings > 1Password accounts? Do you see your account there? If not, please go ahead and add it.

Then go back to the Settings screen and tap Vaults. Here you'll see which vault designated for saving. If your Primary vault is shown there, go ahead and change it to your Personal or Shared account. Then save a test item. You should see it in the web app after.

Let me know how that goes!

• crflyown
    crflyown
    Community Member

Hello peri, I created an online account with 1Password added a few accounts. Then iI installed the 1Password app on my phone.
    Used the barcode to setup the app on the phone. that worked well (but not on another phone!). Now I have Primär, Persönlich and Meine as Vault. Primär should be All Faults. Persönlich shall be personal and Meine had another name before and die not sync either. I removed the old (had an ä or ö or ü) in the name created a new one which is syncing. If you like I can remove it from the phone and try from the beginning. Best regards Christian

• Thanks for getting back to me, @crflyown.

Primär should be All Faults.

To clarify, the Primary vault (Primär) is not connected to your 1Password account. It only exists locally, in 1Password on your Android device unless you manually sync it elsewhere. Also, items in this vault don't "sync" with your 1Password account vaults. They'll only appear in that Primär vault. So it isn't actually All Vaults, but a single vault on its own.

Your Persönlich and Meine vaults should be connected to your 1Password account, and should automatically sync to the web app. That said, since you were using non-US-ASCII characters in your vault name, it's possible that it was being interpreted differently between the two systems, which is why it wasn't syncing until you took the special character out of the name.

To make sure your vault data gets synced with the web app, I recommend disabling the Primär vault in Settings > Vaults, and saving into your accounts vaults only.

Let me know if you need anything else1

This discussion has been closed.