Sorting consistency on titles and using spaces ...mini1P vs. Mac OS X app vs. iOS app

jehrler
jehrler
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I like to sort my secure notes so that I have some on the top that I use often. Using mini1P on my Mac I put a space before the title of a secure note and it sorts to the top of the list (sorting by title obviously) in the drop down menu.

However, the space does not result in the same sort sequence in the app or on iOS. The space forces them to the bottom of the list in with the #s.

Would it be possible to have this sorting option be consistent with space in the drop down and pop it to the top? Alternatively, and not as nice, is there another character to use that would sort consistently to the top and not be confusing with the name (wife and I share our vault)?

1Password Version:6.3.2
_Extension Version:
OS Version: 10.12 Public Beta
Sync Type: agilebits account

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jehrler,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I'm sorry your Secure Notes aren't listed in the order you expect.

There's a settings for this in the Mac version of 1Password: Open the main app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar, then select the Advanced tab. If you enable the option for "Show numbers and symbols first", items that start with a number or symbol will be listed at the top. If you disable that option, those items will be listed at the bottom.

Unfortunately though, there's currently no option for that in the iOS version of 1Password. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! I can let our developers know you'd like to have that option on iOS as well, although I can't make any promises about if/when it might be added.

Out of curiosity, have you considered marking those items as Favorites? The list of Favorites is near the top of the main 1Password app and 1Password mini (and has its own section in the iOS app) in order to make it quick and easy to find them. That might be a good option for you instead of renaming items to start with a space/number/symbol.

Or if you know the name of the item you're looking for, you can use the Search field. When you open 1Password mini, you can immediately start typing in the Search field. In the main 1Password for Mac app, you can use the ⌘F keyboard shortcut to jump to the Search field. In the iOS version of 1Password, there's a Search field at the top of the Favorites, Categories, and Organize sections.

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, it would be nice to have the same option in iOS and Windows as one gets used to looking for things in certain places and it is disconcerting for them not to be there. Please add this request.

I have used Favorites for much of this but even within that it is handy to manually sort the items.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome! And you're right, it would definitely be nice to have the same options available in all versions of 1Password. Our developers are working hard to make features more consistent across the supported platforms (although there will always be at least some small differences). I'd like to see that sorting option on iOS too! :)

This discussion has been closed.