Sharing my primary vault with my husband. My husband sharing his primary vault with me.

Rhea Campbell
Rhea Campbell
Community Member

I would like to share my primary vault with my husband and have him share his primary vault with me. We already have a shared dropbox folder. Do I just drag and drop my keychain file to the share dbox folder and have him do the same? Is there anything I need to do with my Iphone and/or Mac to be sure it points to the new location to sync and such? And, can I simply rename each keychain file with my name and my husband's name so I know which one is which?

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Sharing a primary vault with my husband

Comments

• Hi @Rhea Campbell ,

Here's what I recommend doing to set it up.

1. Turn off Dropbox sync on all of your devices. Do not check the box to remove the data from Dropbox - leave it there.
    2. Go to your Dropbox, find your file and rename it "Rhea's 1Password Data" or similar. Leave the ending (.agilekeychain or .opvault) as it is.
    3. Move that file to the Shared Folder.
    4. Turn sync back on for each of your devices and point it at "Rhea's 1Password Data" keychain file.

Repeat for your husbands devices, but name his file "Rhea's husband's 1Password Data" or similar.

1. Now, on your Mac, go to Dropbox, double-click on your husband's keychain file and it should create a new vault and start syncing with it.
    2. On your iOS devices, go to Settings > Sync and choose Sync Additional Vault - choose your husband's vault when it asks.

Your husband should repeat the above, choosing your vault.

Let us know how that works out. If you run into trouble, please reply indicating what went awry.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.