Double Log in Entries

Options
japiper
japiper
Community Member

I signed up for the new individual hosted service today. I set up my account initially on my iMac without much difficulty. I moved the logins to the new vault, and deleted the old vault.

Next, I opened an account on my iPad. Somehow I've ended up with double entries on my iPad. How do I get rid of the double entries, short of going through individually and deleting them? I considered deleting everything on the iPad, then signing in through my browser. Then I thought I might be wise to seek some help.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @japiper,

Were you previously using 1Password on your iPad? Without more detail, it sounds to me like you might be viewing the ‘All Vaults’ view (which is the default view in the app). You’ll know if you’re in ‘All Vaults’ if you see a colourful circle in the top left of the 1Password screen. This view will show all of your vaults, so it’s possible that you’re seeing your ‘old’ primary vault and your new 1Password account data (which would have all of the content from your primary vault that you migrated on your Mac.

Please go to Settings > Vaults. Do you have a primary vault there in addition to your account vaults?

• japiper
    japiper
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I've been using 1Password now for a couple of years on iPad, iPhone, and iMac.

Going to the Settings>Vaults page, I do have a primary vault, along with a personal vault. End there's another entry that says "Always Open To", below which it says "All Vaults".

On my Categories page, I see All Items, which gives me 194 items. Logins says 164. And I have 30 items spread between Credits Cards, Identities, Passwords, and Bank Accounts. BTW, I have the same thing on my iPhone. On my iMac on the 1Password screen, I'm just showing the personal vault. I tried opening a new login as a test, it synced to my devices, and to the 1Password screen. BTW, trying a few of the logins on iMac, clicking the logon link, it takes me to the correct site, but does not fill either user name or password. Using all my old standalone icons from iPad and iPhone are all working.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @japiper,

Thanks for getting back to me with those details! Since you’re all set up on your Mac, it sounds to me like we just need to reset your iOS devices so that they are using your account data only. Here’s how to do that:

1. In 1Password for iOS, go to Settings > Advanced > Erase all 1Password data
    2. Restart 1Password for iOS
    3. Sign in with your 1Password account

Now, you’ll see only your personal vault and you should no longer have duplicate entries.

BTW, trying a few of the logins on iMac, clicking the logon link, it takes me to the correct site, but does not fill either user name or password.

There should be no change in behaviour for your Login items after moving them to a different vault. We can certainly investigate this further, but we’ll need a bit more detail. For example, the web addresses of the sites that are misbehaving so that we can test on our end. :)

This discussion has been closed.