What operating system can run families software/interface

Andy_R
Andy_R
Community Member

Can I run families version on Mavericks and Yosemite as we have old and newer Macs in my family.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I run families version on Mavericks and Yosemite as we have old and newer macs in my family?

Comments

• Hi @Andy_R ,

1Password Families requires OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer. Unfortunately, it will not run on Mavericks.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Andy_R
    Andy_R
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin.
    No disrespect to you but I would guess you have lost so many potential customers who have the older 'purchased' product yet can't afford to constantly upgrade their macs to keep pace with operating systems.
    Families isn't going to work in my household as we have a couple of macs on Mavericks.
    Not because they are that old, because other software we run won't run on Yosemite etc..
    Please consider the end user when constantly upgrading and updating.

• Hi @Andy_R,

Thank you for writing in with your thoughts on the matter. It's a compromise every software developer has to make. Do they support the newer OSes to bring the new features that some customers want, or do we stay with the older OS support? Sometimes it's possible to support a wide range os OSes at the same time, but sometimes it is not feasible, and/or holds back improvements.

1Password for Families relies under-the-hood OS X technologies that did not exist in Mavericks, so it simply wasn't feasible to support the old OS system. So unfortunately, you are correct; it does mean we have to forgo some potential sales to those that so not wish to upgrade their OS or other software that won't run on newer OSes. In our case it just wasn't feasible to support the older OS.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.