Mini icon display issues on second monitor

jpleger
jpleger
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

On 1Password mini icon, there are 2 bugs that are related to UI when multiple monitors are used. This has caused me to disable the mini app icon.

Bug 1:
When clicking on 1password on monitor 1, monitor 2 icon of 1password is highlighted.

Bug 2:
On secondary monitor, 1password icon is solid black(active), instead of grey(inactive monitor).

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @jpleger,

Thank you for taking the time to write in about the 1Password mini icon on your second monitor!

Our developers are aware of the visual issues you mentioned, and they happen because we're doing custom drawing of the mini icon in the Mac menubar instead of letting the OS do it for us. The reason we're doing custom drawing is so that when you click on the mini icon (instead of using the keyboard shortcut to open mini), it stays highlighted while the mini window is open & attached to the menubar. It's essentially a limitation of the OS, and it also happens to other apps that do custom drawing of their menubar icons in a similar fashion. If you're interested, Rick explained this all in more detail here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/244612/#Comment_244612

I'm sorry to hear this was bothersome enough for you to cause you to turn that icon off! (Hopefully you still left mini itself turned on, though.) Our developers are exploring ways to do this differently in the future, if possible - although I can't make any promises about if or when that might happen.

Thanks again for contacting us about that. If you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-3655
    ref: OPM-3684

This discussion has been closed.