Any Tips for Website Developers To Support 1 Password

Options

I am a web developer on a site, and the site I am developing does not work with 1Password. Are there any tips to help me properly code my site so it will work with 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (19)
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: OSX10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @lydia_tripp! Thanks for your interest in making sure your website works well with 1Password. We haven't always had such support from web developers, so it's not something an old timer like me takes for granted. :)

I think this page should help: https://support.1password.com/compatible-website-design/ If you have any other questions or something isn't clear from that page, please let us know. We have some ideas for how to make this even better in the future, but I don't have anything to share about that just yet. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• lydia_tripp
    lydia_tripp
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @jxpx777.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure! Let us know if you have any other questions or a particular site issue you'd like us to look at. We're always here to help. :)

• lizm45
    lizm45
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am a web developer experiencing the same problem, but only on our change password form (the login/signup/reset password forms all work fine). Chrome is also not recognizing the fields, which makes me think that it definitely has something to do with our form's implementation. I tried modifying it based on the suggestions in the blog post above, but no luck so far. The main difference between the change password page and our other forms is that it is a React view and not a Django template, so maybe it is having trouble recognizing a different format? Do you have any other ideas as to how I should proceed? I saw in another post that you were considering some kind of markup language that developers can use to remedy this issue - not sure if that has been implemented yet.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your post, @lizm45! We have some undocumented attributes that allow for enhanced Login saving (We plan to document those in the future once we've finalized and fleshed out the implementation.) and we have some ideas for how we could let website developer opt-in to a 1Password-enhanced form interaction process, but that is a little ways off as well.

I think a little more information will help us here. Are you filling a Login item, a generated password, or both? What specifically is happening when you fill this form with 1Password? How does this not match your expectations? Can you share the generated markup of your change password form?

This discussion has been closed.