Moving from licence to subscription

gxa747
gxa747
Community Member

Hi. I have 1Password 6 on my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. I would like to start a subscription. When I start the process on your website it says "Next up, you’ll get a secret Account Key and choose a Master Password." Does this mean I am going to have a new master password to replace my existing one? Bit confused.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:subscription

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You do have to set up a master password for the account, it is not automatic. That said, it makes most sense to use the same master password as before.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gxa747,

Please let me know if Danco’s reply helped. He’s right. You do have the opportunity to choose a new Master Password when you set up your 1Password account. However, if your current Master Password is secure and unique, then you’re welcome to use it for your 1Password account as well.

Here’s a great article in our support documents that can help you migrate your data from your existing vaults into your 1Password account:

Move your existing data into a 1Password account

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but we’re here if you have any questions or concerns. :)

• gxa747
    gxa747
    Community Member

Brilliant. Thank you very much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of danco and Megan, you're most welcome! I'm glad their answers were helpful for you.

We're always happy to help, so please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.