I have two vaults by error and each has more than 100 entries. How can I compare or merge them ?

mbecca
mbecca
Community Member

I created two vaults by mistake by working on different devices. Now I want to clean up everything and need merging or comparing the two vaults before deleting one of them. Unfortunately both have more than 100 entries and there is large overlap.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vault

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mbecca,

Are both of these vaults on the same computer? If so, I think the easiest thing to do is to create a ‘super vault’ with all of the items in it, and then use 1Password’s sorting tools to root out the duplicates. Here’s how to do that:

1. Use File > Backup to create a fresh backup of 1Password as it is now. If anything gets mucked up too badly during the merge process, it’s nice to have something to roll back to.
    2. Copy all of the items from one vault into the other. (This can be done by switching out of All Vaults view, selecting all the items in the list and using Item > Share > ‘other vault name’ > Copy
    3. Once everything is in one vault, you can sort by Title to see which items are the same, and delete the duplicates.

There’s also 1Password’s Security Audit in the sidebar that can show you duplicate passwords. I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.