1Password uses the wrong field

agilebits_niaow
agilebits_niaow
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

My GOG account was created automatically by the 1Password browser extension and saved the username/password pair as login credentials for this site.

However, the login form on GOG now requires the user's email to login but 1Password fails to identify that. Even though I added an "email" field with the proper value to the GOG form: it keeps using the "username" field value.

URL for the login: https://www.gog.com ,
click "LOG IN" at the top of the page.
This will show a pop up with an "Email" field but 1Password will be using the value of the "username" field to fill it.

The HTML for that field (used brackets instead of XML tag delimiters because your forum tries to interpret it otherwise):

[li class="form__field field "]
    [label for="login_username" class="required"]Email[/label]
    [input type="email" id="login_username" name="login[username]" required="required" placeholder="Email" class="field__input" autocomplete="on" data-error="error_login_username" data-input-type="user"]
    [span id="error_login_username" class="js-error-msg field__msg is-hidden"]Incorrect email[/span]
[/li]

This is quite annoying, since this requires the user to open the corresponding GOG entry, locate the email field and copy its value, then paste it into the field.

It would be great if there was some kind of advanced mode allowing users to edit the form more in detail to make it match more precisely (like "use email if field name if input.type="email""...).

Thanks in advance for any indication of how to fix this and if it cannot be fixed via data whether this will be fixed by an update.

Cheers.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.7 (btw, this is not easily found!!!)
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: irrelevant

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@agilebits_niaow the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

As that article says:

Saving Logins manually can be helpful in some troubleshooting scenarios:

• 1Password does not detect a new password or offer to save it.
    • A site that used to work with 1Password no longer fills in your information correctly.

Stephen

• agilebits_niaow
    agilebits_niaow
    Community Member

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your answer, I just followed the article and selected "Update Existing" which fixed the issue.
    Thanks again!

Cheers.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm happy to hear Stephen's suggestion helped solve the problem for you!

It sounds like you're all set now, but if you need anything else, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.