A New Version: 6.3.2

martinnel
martinnel
Community Member

I've been getting an update notice the past few days for Version 6.3.2. It says, in part, "Today's update brings with it some improvements when using 1Password with your new 1Password Account…" The reference to my 'new 1Password Account' made me want to be certain before downloading it that, in doing so, I am not switching to the subscription-based arrangement. I am content with my license and wish to continue in this fashion.

So, is this an update for me or only for subscribers? If the latter, in the future, how do I tell one from the other?

Thanks and love your product,
Martin

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@martinnel:

So, is this an update for me or only for subscribers?

It is for both: it works both as a standalone version and for those who use the subscription service. (I know because I have used 6.3.2 and I don't use the subscription service.)

Stephen

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad Stephen's answer was helpful for you! As he explained, it's the same app regardless of whether you use an account with it. One way to think of it is that the 1Password for Mac app has an optional feature that allows you to connect it to a 1Password account. But it's a completely voluntary feature! We still sell & support standalone licenses for 1Password, so the app needs to support them too.

We're always happy to help, so please let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.