Feature requests

AnCatMara
AnCatMara
Community Member

Hi,

Here are some suggested improvement from a new user in Europe.

I find that 1P is still very “Americanised” and needs to be adapted better to other language and cultural situations:

For example, use the logo of the bank which issues bankcards (as Dashlane does) not a generic dollar sign (which should at least be the Euro symbol in the Euro zone!)

Cannot type accentuated capital letters using the Apple method (holding down the key)

More generally, there is a need for more flexibility as regards categories:

Allow the user to modify category titles to suit their own needs,
or
Allow the user to create additional categories

Where do I put my national “identity card” and my badge to access my office? Perhaps “Passports” should be entitled “Identity documents”?

Where do I put my public transport subscription cards?

The list of categories should be either in alphabetical order to make it easier to locate items. In the French version there is no logic in the way the list is arranged.

When you are in a category, e.g., credit cards, clicking on the plus sign should open up a new draft credit card dialogue box, not the list of categories.

When searching for an entry, the engine should recognise letters from the body of the name, eg, "pass" for 1Password.

Finally, in the French language version, for the type of bank account use “Compte courant” for “Compte-chèque”

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest version OS X
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @AnCatMara,

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your suggestions. We currently do not provide the ability to create or customize categories, but we can look into that for a future release. That said, I can address some of your points specifically:

Currently we do not localize the icons for the categories, but you can paste the bank logo into the icon and use that. To do that, copy the bank logo, edit your bank account item in 1Password, click on the icon, and paste the logo there.

Accentuated characters: you should be able to type them. We do not insert any code to prevent this, it's all handled by OS X. I just tried myself. For example, to type É, I pressed option-e and then shift-e. Is there a specific field preventing you from doing this? What does it show instead?

The sorting of categories is a bit odd, but it should be the most common items first (Login, Secure Note, Credit Card, Identity), followed by categories you already have items for, followed by the rest. I realize this is a bit unintuitive, and we may reconsider this in the future.

You make an interesting point about clicking the plus while looking at a specific category. I believe this might be the case of some prefer one way, some prefer the other. But we'll keep your preference in mind.

For your search issue. Can you be more specific? If I have an item named 1Password, I can type pass and it is found. Is this not what you are seeing?

Finally, I'll pass the note about "compte courant" on to the translators.

I hope I've addressed everything. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks again for taking the time to write in. We love getting feedback like this, as it helps us make 1Password even better!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.