I think I set up two passwords on my new account? Very confused!

Marlos11
Marlos11
Community Member

Yesterday I purchased and set up a new account. While doing the initial set up, I clicked on something and it took me to another page to set up. (I had already made a master password). While setting up, it asked to make a master password, so I typed the generated one and it said it was weak, so I went ahead and generated another one. I completed the set up and got my 1Password emergency kit. Now when I try to login, sometimes it asks for the original password and sometimes for the actual password in the kit. I'm very confused and haven't even begun the process yet? Don't want to continue until I'm sure I haven't messed anything up. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Seem to have two passwords

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Marlos11,

The quickest way to sort this out is to take a look in our back office records at any accounts you may have set up. If you send an email in to support@1password.com with the email address that you used when creating the accounts, we’ll be able to look into this and determine where things got tangled up.

If you haven’t started storing any data in 1Password yet, we can simply reset the account and let you start fresh. :)

• Marlos11
    Marlos11
    Community Member

Thank you Megan.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Marlos11,

Thanks for following up via email - you should hear from our team shortly. :)

ref: BSN-59471-717

This discussion has been closed.