Have to tap twice for copy menu to stay visible

Options
TheDawg
TheDawg
Community Member

Open 1Password, select a login, tap the password to bring up the menu items "Copy | Reveal | Large Type", but the menu items appear then immediately disappear. Then tap the password again, and the menu items appear and stay this time, allowing me to copy the password. I took a short (7 sec.) screen recording that shows this process, which you can view at https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2rpcfprcybrdnf/1Password_Touch_Problem.mp4?dl=0

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.4 (13G35)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TheDawg,

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue, and especially for providing the video!

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this difficulty. If I tap (or long tap) the menu appears as it should and does not disappear until dismissed.

Do you have a device that is force touch enabled? I wonder if perhaps there is something there that may be causing the difference. My device does not have force touch.

Please let me know.

Ben

• gkahland
    gkahland
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I have been experiencing this for a long time now. (It may have started to occur with the introduction of Force Touch, but I don't recall the timing). It happened on my 6s+ and now my 7+. It is really frustrating and is so unlike the smooth workflow of the rest of the app. Please know this isn't a fluke for the original user and is really happening out in the real world. I would LOVE to see this fixed!

• TheDawg
    TheDawg
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

That issue was happening on my iPhone 6. This past weekend, I switched to an iPhone 7 Plus, and the app behaves correctly.

It's worth noting that my iPhone 6 will not backup to iTunes and hasn't been able to sync or backup for over a year. "iPhone has disconnected", if you're familiar with that problem. Because of that problem, I did not back up and restore to my iPhone 7 Plus. I have downloaded all my apps to get a fresh start with the iPhone 7. I have read & tried probably every solution: try a different lightning cable, only use Apple cable, try a different USB port, rename backup folder, delete previous backups, reset network settings, reset all settings, reboot iPhone and computer, etc.

It did back up three or four times. It backed up a couple times when I deleted previous backups, and it backed up a couple more times right after I upgraded to iOS 10. I have noticed that a corrupt file, like a photo downloaded from the Internet, GIF, video, or PHOTO taken with my IPhone… Apparently a corrupt file will cancel the entire back up.

So I suspect that I have gremlin in the system. It is strange, though, because I deleted all photos from my iPhone (~35 GB) and 80% of the apps I had downloaded. It still won't back up or sync.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the additional information folks. It doesn't seem it is force touch related, as the iPhone 7 Plus would have force touch and TheDawg indicates his 7 Plus is not affected.

We'll keep looking for clues as to how we might be able to track this issue down but at this time it appears to affect a very small percentage of devices, and we have not been able to reproduce it in-house.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.