How can I migrate my iPhone 1Password info to my Mac app?

michellem
michellem
Community Member

I have all my info on my iPhone app but want to be able to access it on my Mac. I have downloaded the app on my MacBook, I cannot figure out how to get the info from my phone. The support team keeps sending me some Family/Team setup video which isn't helping at all. I'd l love a # to call and have someone walk me thru it step by step but that seems impossible. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michellem,

I'm sorry you're having trouble figuring out how to sync the 1Password data from your iPhone to your Mac! We can definitely help you out with that.

If you aren't using a 1Password account with the 1Password app on your iPhone, there are a few other ways to sync your data from there to your Mac: iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN. We explain each of those options here: Sync your 1Password data (The first option discussed on that page is using a 1Password account, but you can simply scroll down to see information about the other sync methods.)

If you decide to try iCloud or Dropbox to sync your 1Password data, you'll want to enable that in 1Password on your iPhone first. Then, when you launch 1Password on your Mac for the first time and are taken through a brief setup process, you'll be able to choose that same sync method.

I'm not sure if you've already tried any of those options - if you did but ran into some trouble, please let us know what happened and we'll be happy to help with that.

The support team keeps sending me some Family/Team setup video which isn't helping at all.

Out of curiosity, how did you previously contact our support team? I wasn't able to find another forum discussion or an email conversation for your email address. It's not a problem of course, I just wanted to bring myself up to speed with what we've already discussed so I don't repeat too much of what you already know. :)

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.