Touch ID no longer available

Options
eshilts
eshilts
Community Member

I'm using app version 6.4.4 on iOS 9.3.4.

For the last week or two I've been unable to use Touch ID on 1password. Everytime I open the app I am prompted with the keyboard to enter my master password with no option of using Touch ID. Previously there was a little fingerprint icon I could touch, but that's either gone or covered by the keyboard. This happens both with opening 1password directly and from the Share screen on Safari.

I have Touch ID enabled in Settings --> Security and Never is selected for Require Master Password under Settings --> Advanced --> Security.

Please fix.

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eshilts,

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• eshilts
    eshilts
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Just sent in the diagnostics report.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eshilts,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you have listed in your forum profile. You should have received an automated email response when you sent the Report in. If you could let me know the Support ID that you received from our BitBot assistant, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• eshilts
    eshilts
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like it didn't send the first time. Just sent again and the two support IDs are:

AJD-98433-571

CCR-64163-873

Thanks.

• eshilts
    eshilts
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to have spontaneously fixed itself after sending in a diagnostic report. I'm not sure what changed, but it's working now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @eshilts,

I am glad to hear that things are working for you now! The logs in your Diagnostics Report could still be useful in determining where things got tangled up initially.

I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: CCR-64163-873

• LoreSchoonjans
    LoreSchoonjans
    Community Member
    Options

hi, I have the same problem, and I can't remember my master password anymore. Can I also send you a diagn report?

Thanks,
    Lore

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LoreSchoonjans

I'm sorry that you've forgotten your Master Password! You're always welcome to send a Diagnostics Report, and it might be able to shed some light. I'd like to recommend you to take a look at our article to recover your Master Password: https://support.1password.com/master-password/

1Password will require the Master Password sometimes, for example after restarting your phone, so you might be in that situation. The article I linked above might help you trigger something and recover the Master Password!

Please let us know if you do send the Diagnostics Report and if any of the tips on that guide helps you :chuffed:

• LoreSchoonjans
    LoreSchoonjans
    Community Member
    Options

The hint doesn't ring a bell. apart from that there is no way of getting an email with a link to reset it?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2016
    Options

apart from that there is no way of getting an email with a link to reset it?

There is not. (Un)fortunately it is not possible to reset the Master Password on a standalone vault. The only way in is by remembering the correct Master Password.

Ben

• Abuhammad88
    Abuhammad88
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

I am having the same problem, the touch ID button does not show any more on my 1Password login page, i tried almost every possible trouble shooting option i even recovered the phone from a previous day backup where 1Password was working two days back.

I think the problem all started when i deleted my finger print accidentally while changing my PIN code and re-added them again.

Is there any suggestion on how to solve the problem as it is very annoying to enter the master password everytime i want to access the app

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abuhammad88: I'm sorry for the frustration! You may be able to simply restart the device or re-set Touch ID (turn it off and then back on) to get it working, but since you deleted the fingerprint that will have "voided" the token that 1Password was using previously to enable Touch ID instead of the Master Password. Here's how to get it working. Just follow these steps:

1. Go to 1Password Settings > Security and disable Touch ID
    2. Go to iOS Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
    3. Enter the device passcode
    4. Disable the "Use Touch ID for" settings
    5. Hold the Sleep/Wake button and "slide to power off"
    6. Hold the Sleep/Wake button to power the device back on
    7. Unlock it with the device passcode
    8. Go to iOS Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
    9. Enter your device passcode
    10. Enable the "Use Touch ID for" settings
    11. Go to 1Password Settings > Security and enable Touch ID

After Touch ID is working again, just keep in mind that when you need to enter your Master Password will depend entirely on how you have 1Password configured in Settings > Security and Settings > Advanced > Security. For example, I have it set to require the Master Password after a device reboot. And regardless, 1Password will always require your Master Password if you lock it manually with Settings > Security > Lock Now. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.