Failure of 1password to update MacPro

Amazme1
Amazme1
Community Member

While it updates on my 27" Mac it fails to update to the current version on my MacPro.

Comments

• Hi @Amazme1 ,

I'm sorry to read you're having trouble updating 1Password. Does it give an error message when you try to update? If so, what does it say? If there's no error message, is there any indication that it is failing?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member

No automatic update is done, hence no errors. I attempted to get the version that's on my Mac but haven't found it on your website. You might tell me where it's located and how to enable automatic updates.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Amazme1,

Did you purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store or our website? If you don’t remember, you can check in the 1Password menu and select ‘About 1Password’. It will tell you if the app is from the Mac App Store or the AgileBits Store.

Updates from the Mac App Store will be done through the App Store app on your Mac. Just open the App Store to see available updates.

Updates from the AgileBits Store can be enabled automatically in 1Password’s Preferences > Updates. From that screen you will also see a ‘Check Now’ button. Clicking this will let you know if you’re up-to-date.

I hope this helps!

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member

Megan,

The version on my Mac says "AgileBits Store" and is 6.3.2.
    Laptop versions says Mac store and is 6.3.1.
    They are not in sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Amazme1,

Thanks for confirming those details. It looks like each computer is using a different version of the app. That shouldn’t really cause a problem though, so there’s no need to change anything if you don’t want to.

To update the laptop to the latest version of 1Password on your laptop, open the App Store and choose the Updates tab. This will show you any pending updates.

They are not in sync.

Are you referring to the version numbers here or is your database not syncing between the two computers?

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member

Go to the app store from the laptop opens 1Password 6.3.1 which is an old version. It should load 6.3.2.
    Got another idea?

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member

I forgot to add that there were no pending updates. The fact is that the update process does not work, because the app store does not have 6.3.2. I still need to know how to get it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Amazme1,

Hm. That's very strange.

What happens when you click this link to open 1Password on the Mac App Store? It is showing version 6.3.2 for me. Are you seeing something different?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-password-manager/id443987910?mt=12

Additionally, can you take a screenshot of the Updates section? Here is my own as an example, which shows "No updates available":

We don't have any control over Apple's App Store, so you may need to contact them if updates are not showing up for the apps that you have installed. Worst case scenario, you can switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits Store. But let's see if we can get it sorted out before jumping ahead to that. :)

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member

You still don't understand. When you click in the App Store no version shows. It opens up my copy on my desktop 6.3.1. The only way you can fix my problem is to give me the location on your site of 6.3.2. We can waste 1000 notes and will still achieve nothing until you give me a working link. I have a legal license. Why don't you support it?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Amazme1,

It sounds like you want to follow the steps in the link I provided above:

How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member

Installed the version from your site and everything is now working. Excellent instructions. Thank you!
    Stan

• Glad to hear it is working. On behalf of khad and Mega, you are very welcome.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.