Logins don't sync between 1Password and 1Password 6 on different Macs with same vault!?

lyfos
lyfos
Community Member

On two different Macs running El Capitan, I have 1Password and 1Password 6. In the 1Password preferences on both macs it says they are synced to the same vault.

One vault shows 250 items, the other one shows 220. How can I resolve the 30 logins that are missing from one of them? This has been so frustrating as I'm traveling.

1Password Version: 5, 6
Extension Version: =
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Logins not syncing between 1Password and 1Password 6 on different Macs

Comments

• Hi @lyfos ,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble syncing. I noticed you entered version 5 and 6 in your post. Is there a reason you haven't upgraded to version 6 on one of your machines? We have fixed sync bugs in the past, and that could explain it. The other possibility is that the Dropbox client on one of the machines is not running, so the changes were not sent up to Dropbox. I'm not sure if you are able to check those while travelling (or whether the older version is on your Mac with you or the one at home), but if you can check those, please do and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
    Kevin

• lyfos
    lyfos
    Community Member

Awesome, thanks a ton Kevin!

Here is what I think the issue was:

Each of the two macs had two applications: 1 Password, 1 Password 6. So potentially four different vaults. Some of them were backed up to dropbox with 1Password.agilekeychain files, others use 1Password.opvault.

1. I disabled syncing on all of them,
    2. then synced all of them to the same folder on dropbox.
    3. this let them sync to the same 1Password.opvault
    4. this also gave me an option to 'merge' the items

Now all the items are merged and synced. This was pretty complicated, but glad I figured it out.

Best,
    L

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@lyfos,

Ah! Yep, if they were syncing to different vaults (one .agilekeychain and one .opvault) that would explain it. I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.