password generator does not ask for which vault to place new password in; request for enhancement

RichBT
RichBT
Community Member

So I have an elderly family member who is ill; I have power of attorney and am handling her affairs. Like a lot of older people she does not grok computers and has been doing everything with paper and snail mail. So I've been converting everything to online accounts and e-statements. So much easier to deal with.

I set up a separate vault in 1Password for all her stuff.

If I make a new secure note, or login, or most anything else I have a choice of which vault to put it in. Not so for generated passwords. So all the passwords I have had 1Password generate get put into my primary vault. That is getting a little confusing.

Please provide the ability to choose which vault to record a generated password in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited February 2018

Hi @RichBT,

FYI, Passwords are generated and saved in whatever vault you have selected in the "Vault For Saving" preference. This preference is in the Preferences in the "All Vaults" section. That preference has two functions:

1. If you have "All Vaults" active and create a new item, it will be saved in that vault.
    2. If you generate a password, no matter which vault you have active, it will be saved there.

When designing it to work this way, we were very much split over the decision to save the generated passwords in that vault (the one in the preference), or whatever is the currently active vault. Thanks for the feedback; it gives valuable information for when we consider how this works in the future.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.