Safari extension not installed

beatrixwillius
beatrixwillius
Community Member

Hi,

got a new computer and wanted to install the Safari extension of 1Password. I get "Do you really want to install the extension 1Password?" Afterwards there is no error message but the extension isn't installed.

I tried again, quit and restarted Safari and tried again: nothing happens.

Using latest versions of Safari and 1Password on 10.11.6.

Regards

Beatrix Willius

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:install extensions

Comments

• beatrixwillius
    beatrixwillius
    Community Member

In Chrome the extension works fine.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @beatrixwillius,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble installing the 1Password extension in Safari! I'm sure we can help to get this all sorted out.

When you say the extension isn't installed, do you simply mean the 1Password icon doesn't appear in Safari's toolbar? Or do you mean you've checked the list of installed extensions in Safari, and 1Password isn't listed there? To make sure, please go to Safari > Preferences and click the Extensions tab. Do you see 1Password in that list?

If 1Password is in the list of extensions but not in Safari's toolbar, you should be able to solve that with the steps here: If you don't see the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar

But if the problem is that 1Password doesn't show up in Safari > Preferences > Extensions, that's strange - especially if it didn't give you any error messages when you installed it. If you tried installing it from our extension download site, you can try installing it from the Safari Extension Gallery to see if it makes a difference:

• Open Safari and go to Safari > Safari Extensions.
    • If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    • Click the Install now link.

Does that work? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• beatrixwillius
    beatrixwillius
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

the extension didn't show up in preferences/extensions. However, installing with Safari extensions worked fine.

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Beatrix Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
    Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Beatrix ( @beatrixwillius ),

I’m so glad to hear that Drew’s suggestion helped you out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• rarewolf
    rarewolf
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem with Safari (Version 9.1.3 (11601.7.8). Using 1P's preferences to add the extension, and clicking on the "big green button" downloads '1Password-4.5.9.safariextz' .. however dbl-clicking it throws up a message that says "Safari can't install this extension .. An error occurred with extension '1Password." ... Switching to Chrome ....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rarewolf,

I'm sorry you're also having some trouble with the extension in Safari!

For the problem you've described, I would try the same thing I suggested to beatrixwillius in my previous reply - check to see if a copy of the 1Password extension is already installed in Safari, and if it isn't, try installing it from the Safari Extension Gallery instead of from our own site. Just follow the same steps from that post, and let us know how it goes. If it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks in advance! :)

• elp
    elp
    Community Member

I'm using Safari 9.1.3
    Download folder shows the Safari extension has been downloaded, but it is not in my browser bar. It's also not in preferences-extensions. I have re-started browser, re-started computer. I tried going to Safari Extension Gallery, but all that is there is a link to the agile bits website.
    Thoughts?

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elp

Try installing from this page:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

That should allow you to install the "Trusted" version right from Apple's website.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elp,

If you see the downloaded extension file in your Downloads folder, that means it hasn't been installed yet. Just open your Downloads folder and double-click the extension file there, and Safari should prompt you to install it.

If you have trouble with that, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.