Individual acct

Options
mykflor
mykflor
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for years now. Do I now have to pay for an individual acct?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you want an individual account, this is a subscription service. Currently with six months free.

However, if your current setup is working fine, there is no need to make any changes.

If you are only using 1PW on iOS, I would guess it is not worth changing over. However, if you use 1PW on Mac or Windows be aware that there may well be a charge for the next major update, whereas no extra charge (beyond the subscription) will be required to update at any point. There are also other advantages of the subscription service.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mykflor,

I hope that Danco’s answer helped! He’s right, if 1Password is working perfectly for you right now, there’s no need to make any changes. The option to purchase and use 1Password with standalone licenses has not gone away, we’ve just added a new way for people to use 1Password.

If you have any questions about the new 1Password accounts, feel free to check out our website or ask here - we’re always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.