Price on Mac

BillyR
BillyR
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I downloaded the 1Password iPhone app several months ago and have found it most useful - it is quite simply one of the most intuitive apps I have come across so well done for that!! I recently upgraded from a prehistoric Mac Pro (so old in fact that it was unable to support 1Password at all!) to a Macbook Pro and was looking forward to making use of 1Password here too.

This was until I discovered the extortionate cost of £50. I could justify spending anything under half of that figure, but frankly the full cost seems ridiculous.

I (and I'm sure many other people) would appreciate a lower price point for your desktop application.

Many thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillyR,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback here. I can understand that the upfront cost of a license can be a bit of a deterrent to some users. That’s precisely why we’ve introduced 1Password accounts. Instead of having to make the investment in a standalone license, you can sign up for an account and pay a monthly or annually instead. The annual cost comes to roughly $36.00. You can learn more on our website at 1Password.com, and of course, we’re happy to answer any questions that you might have here. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There are occasional sales and 1PW is sometimes available in a bundle of programs (at least that used to be true). Keep a look out, and you may be lucky. Though I think the subscription approach may well be best.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.