Browser Companion Sync not happening until 1Password is opened

kimar
kimar
Community Member

I'm using 1Password Personal sync via web, previously I've been using Dropbox and, because the 1Pwd sync happened automatically using DB, my Browser Helper was always up to date and always showed the latest credentials I've created on my other machine. But since switching to 1Password Personal and using the web app sync I'm missing this. I have to manually open 1Password.app on my Mac to let it sync before I can use the credentials in my browser helper, this is a bit annoying TBH and would be a deal breaker for switching back to DB sync again.

Cheers,
Marcus

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password Personal

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, Marcus. First, I've moved this to our Mac forum since it sounds like it's not directly related to filling your info into web pages. If that's incorrect, let me know.

Syncing to your Mac should be even faster and more reliable now than with Dropbox. Also, the browser extension itself doesn't contain any of your data. It sounds to me like perhaps 1Password mini, the background process that the browser extension connects to, might not be running. Could you try restarting your Mac and then, before you do anything else, open a web browser and click the 1Password button. Does the 1Password interface pop up for you right away or does the extension open the "Looking for 1Password" page? If it doesn't pop up right away, please make sure that the 1Password > Preferences > General window has "Always keep 1Password mini running" checked. If it was already checked, uncheck it, restart your Mac, and then re-enable it.

Let us know how it goes. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.