Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @OLLI_S,

As I've mentioned mentioned previously, we only update Watchtower with password leaks if the site in question confirms the leak, which is why we haven't updated it with this one.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@Andrew_AG
    I know that you mentioned this before and I still have this in mind (that an official confirmation is necessary).

I thought they confirmed the leak:
    Also, we believe a compromise of our legacy forums covering Infinity Blade, UDK, previous Unreal Tournament games, and archived Gears of War forums revealed email addresses, salted hashed passwords and other data entered into the forums.

They also recommend to change the password:
    If you have been active on these forums since July 2015, we recommend you change your password on any site where you use the same password.

I am not a security expert and my English skills are average.
    But after reading this I thought that is an official confirmation (even if they wrote "we believe").

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Ah, yes, you are correct, it looks like certain legacy forums were affected. Somehow I missed that part of the announcement. I'll take a look into getting the affected forums added to Watchtower. Thanks.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member

Did I mention that I love 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OLLI_S: I can't say I recall for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if you had. ;)

But more importantly, it shows. Thank you so much for your support, and your feedback on Watchtower and the app(s) in general! :love:

This discussion has been closed.