More control over password recipe?

a.jaffe
a.jaffe
Community Member

Hi,

Is it possible to have more control over the password recipe? It would be great if most sites allowed the "words with separators" option, but, alas, almost none do nowadays. What I would like would be a simple modification of that which adds a capital letter and a number somewhere -- this would be almost universally accepted.

(I understand that the characters + digits + symbols option would work in most cases, but I prefer words -- or at least the now-defunct "pronounceable" option.)

Andrew

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:More control over password recipe

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Andrew ( @a.jaffe ),

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll let our team know you’re interested in seeing more options in the password generator.

For the time being, passwords that you generate are editable after they’re created, so you could always manually add a capital and a symbol to fit those various password requirements. :)

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member

Yep, that's what I do for now... but the requirement of "1 single, 1 capital, 1 digit" is so common (and there are so few places that can't accept that) that it would be nice to get it in automatically!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback @a.jaffe! We appreciate it, and we'll be sure to forward that to our developers.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.