Sync between MAC and Web Account

Options
duqa
duqa
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

Hi,
I need to manage my data from one MAC, one IOS and the web Account. I saw that it is possible to manage the folders just if I use the software installed in MAC. It is possible to use custom categories or folder or tags in the web account (I have a lot of data to manage and I need to use a good inventory)?

Thank

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi @duqa ,

1Password Accounts (and vaults belonging to the account) can use tags to customize items. We've gotten may requests for custom categories and are looking into that for the future, but for now, tags are the best way to organize them. You can also make more vaults too and organize items by vault if that's applicable to your setup.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• duqa
    duqa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply but with tags we are some issues. The web extension of Firefox show all tags and all items inside the tags even if I configure the login item for not be showed in the web and for me it is a big problem. Is it possible resolve this issue?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @duqa,

I'm sorry that's causing a problem for you! Our developers are aware of this issue (items marked as "never display in browser" may appear in the Tags submenus in 1Password mini). I don't have a timeframe for when or in what version this will be addressed, but I'll let them know you're also experiencing this.

This issue also seems to happen with Folders, at least to a certain extent: If a Folder only contains items that are set to "never display in browser", that Folder won't be listed in 1Password mini. However, if that Folder contains at least one item that is set to always appear, that Folder will show all of the items it contains in 1Password mini. So even if Folders were supported in 1Password accounts, I'm not sure that would be helpful for you.

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have more questions or need any help. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-1988

This discussion has been closed.