Syncing failed me because you changed from iCloud to wylan. Why?.

Options
WillyN
WillyN
Community Member

the problem should be obvious.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: changed back to iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing failed me because you changed me from iCloud to wylan. Why?

Comments

• WillyN
    WillyN
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand this question.

• Hi @WillyN,

Can you describe in a little more detail the problem you are having?

Regarding the topic title, we renamed WiFi Server to WLAN Server but it was a name change. iCloud is still there.

Regards,
    Kevin

• WillyN
    WillyN
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, but if I don't know you changed me, then I find out the hard way that I haven't been syncing. I got to the library, needed a password, and it wasn't on my phone/iPad.

• Hi @WillyN,

To clarify, We did not change the customer's sync method. We renamed a button and some text describing WiFi sync, but there were no code changes that would change your chosen sync method.

Now, if your iCloud Sync is not working, we can certainly help you troubleshoot that. What I'd like you to do, is make a change to an item on your Mac. It can be any change, any item. A minute later, launch 1Password on your mobile device and check there to see if it has synced.

If it has not, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Please also include the date and time you did the sync test above.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• WillyN
    WillyN
    Community Member
    Options

Kevin

When I got home yesterday, I checked the 1 PW sync preferences on my MAC. The option "also sync with ..." was empty. I chose iCloud, and immediately saw that new entries in 1 PW had synced on my other devices. Preferences on those two devices specified iCloud for syncing. So it works fine. The only mystery, then, is why the preferences on the MAC had dropped "sync with iCloud," without my having done anything. I have been syncing with iCloud for easily more than a year. But as I said, it now works fine.

Thanks for your attention to this.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WillyN,

I'm glad to hear 1Password is successfully syncing via iCloud again!

I don't know why the iCloud option would have become disabled in 1Password on your Mac, but there are some legitimate reasons why that might happen. Normally, if something causes 1Password to have to disable sync, a notification should appear on your Mac to let you know. You can try checking the Notification Center on your Mac to see if there's a notification about that which you might have missed.

If for some reason you notice that the sync settings keep getting disabled in 1Password (more than just the one time), please let us know and we'll be happy to look further into that. But hopefully it will continue to work correctly for you from now on.

If you need anything else, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

• WillyN
    WillyN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.