What does this mean regarding the 1PW Safari extension?

Options
justme12
justme12
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I ask because I saw the same wording on an ad blocker download from the Apple extension site. Then saw it on the 1PW extension as I check my extensions.

I trust 1PW, but set off looking for an ad blocker that doesn't do what 1PW does.

Just curious.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.12 Beta (16A304a)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question, @justme12.

Safari and other browsers disclose the extent to which extensions are able to interact with websites you visit. This is for your own protection. I haven't installed macOS Sierra yet, so I can't verify it, but I would guess that 1Blocker (no relation to 1Password) does not require such access since it uses the latest content blocking technology built in to WebKit. It's a lot more efficient than old-school content blockers since it prevents the content from ever being downloaded (as opposed to merely hiding it). Personally, I really enjoy 1Blocker and the fact that the block list and my customizations to it sync to 1Blocker on iOS.

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @khad for your info. I wan't using 1Blocker (I knew of it) - but on your info here I have purchased for Mac and iOS and set it up. And it works A LOT faster than Ad Guard which I was using.

Thanks for your input from a many many year 1PW user.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justme12,

It's my pleasure to help! I'm glad you like it. :)

I've shared your kind words with the rest of the team here. Have a stellar weekend! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.