Mac (subscription) lacks sync option in prefs, can't transfer data from iPhone (license)

Options
smmock00
smmock00
Community Member

I have been a user of the iPhone licensed version for a while and recently signed up for one of the subscription accounts. I downloaded the Mac app with my new subscription and am trying to transfer the data that I currently have on my phone, but there is no "Sync" option in the menu ribbon in the preferences window. I've searched and searched the forum, but can't seem to find anything that matches my question. I have already scanned the QR code from my online account and added that account to my iPhone app.

How can I get my data that is currently on my iPhone app/license (which I currently have set to sync to iCloud) to sync with my Mac app/subscription that lacks the option to sync?

1Password Version: 6.3.2 (Mac)
Extension Version: 6.4.4 (iPhone)
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Mac (subscription) lacks sync option, can't transfer data from iPhone (license)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @smmock00,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

When you are signed in to a 1Password.com account, the Sync preference pane is not available by default since 1Password.com handles all the syncing automatically. However, if you have a vault outside your 1Password.com account that you need to migrate, you can enable the Sync preference pane like this:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences.
    3. Click the Advanced icon.
    4. Enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts".

Then you can set up syncing with iCloud and move your existing 1Password data to your 1Password account.

Let me know how it goes! :)

• smmock00
    smmock00
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm! Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @smmock00,

I’m so glad to hear that you’re all sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• Lucille52
    Lucille52
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, thank goodness this resolved my problems..... Was getting nervous.
    I signed up for the new 6 month trial account that was sent me and I guess I didn't understand everything I was supposed to do. I thought I was supposed to delete the primary account after everything was set up on all my devices etc. but lost the ability to sync from mac. All good now....Thank goodness!!
    Thank-you...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lucille52,

I'm happy to hear the information in this thread was helpful for you! Also, I'm sorry for any confusion about all that. If you had been using the 1Password app before signing up for a 1Password account, you would have had your data in a "Primary vault" which is separate from your account. After moving your data from the Primary vault to your account vault, we recommend deleting the old Primary vault to avoid confusion, since you no longer need it. But that can sometimes cause confusion anyway if you were still expecting to see Sync settings in the Preferences. As Khad mentioned, 1Password.com automatically takes care of syncing your data between devices now, so you don't need settings for that.

Thanks for letting us know this discussion helped to clear that up for you! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• sbecker11
    sbecker11
    Community Member
    Options

FINALLY found an answer! I'm now a happy customer of 1Password for both of my macs now being able to sync via iCloud.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to find an answer here. It sounds like you're all set now, but we're here for you if you have more questions or need help with 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.