I used to sync with iCloud but switched to Dropbox. Now I want to do go back to iCloud.

Options
dogolaca
dogolaca
Community Member

When I go to 1Password Preferences->Sync and choose iCloud, I am given the option to merge with existing vault in iCloud. I don't want to do this, I want my current 1Password vault to get stored in iCloud.

How do I eliminate the old vault in iCloud before I sync?

1Password Version: 6.32
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.16
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud merge

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dogolaca,

Here's how you can remove 1Password data from iCloud:

• Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac.
    • Create a backup.
    • Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data from the menu bar.
    • Confirm you want to reset it by clicking the button for Yes, Remove Remote Data.
    • After a moment you'll see a message confirming the data was reset and sync was disabled (click OK).

Then you're ready to start fresh syncing with iCloud, without your old and now removed 1Password data from iCloud interfering. It might take a little while to finish re-syncing your entire 1Password vault, and you may have other Macs and/or iOS devices to set up syncing with iCloud again.

If you run into any trouble please give us some details of where you're stuck and we'll be happy to help. Cheers!

• dogolaca
    dogolaca
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That worked. I had one little issue. The iCloud drive settings on the iPhone did not have 1Password turned on. The error message from 1Password when the sync failed could have been better. But I figured it out.

Thanks for your help!

Satisfied 1Password user since 2009.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Howdy @dogolaca,

Thank you for the words of satisfaction and your ongoing long-time support! :love:

Glad to hear you're syncing with iCloud again, after getting past that minor speed bump on your iPhone. :+1:

Feel free to share any suggestions for improving the iCloud Drive Not Available error. To be honest, I don't recall where the More Info button takes you and maybe that could be better.

• dogolaca
    dogolaca
    Community Member
    Options

The "More Info" didn't help with this minor issue. Here is my suggestion for the error message:

"It looks like 1Password cannot access iCloud Drive. Please sign in to iCloud and check its Settings to ensure that iCloud Drive is on and that 1Password access is enabled."

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @dogolaca - something like that would be clearer. :)

I'd been thinking along the same line, definitely mentioning '1Password'. We'll have to see what'll fit in the allotted space for that alert.

And I'll check where More Info lands and look into getting that improved, too.

Have some fun for the rest of your weekend!

ref: OPI-2510

This discussion has been closed.