1PW 6 App on Mac is not recognizing my master password.

Options
Mark_Senninger
Mark_Senninger
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

Created 1PW online account today and migrated data from my previous 1PW App on my Mac. Works! Then installed 1PW 6 App on same Mac. OK. Problem is that the 1PW 6 App does not recognize my master password. Tried re-installing, restarting Mac, re-installing again - no go on recognizing the master password. Same master password works every time I have logged into my new 1PW account. Am looking for direction so that I can use the apps on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone - all accessing the files on the AgileBits server instead of Dropbox as it was doing before.

1Password Version: 6 on Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 App on Mac refuses to accept my master password

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @Mark_Senninger,

I'm sorry that the migration to your new 1Password account took a wrong turn. Let's get things back on the right track, and this might explain where part of the mixup is:

… and migrated data from my previous 1PW App on my Mac. Works! Then installed 1PW 6 App on same Mac.

It sounds like you have (or had, at the time) two copies of 1Password installed on your Mac.

• Did you sign in to your 1Password account using the "previous 1PW App" and do all the data migration from there?
    • What did you do with the 'previous' app after that?
    • Then after you "installed 1PW 6 App" (possibly another copy) were you ever able to sign in to your new account with it?

If the 'previous' app is still on your Mac, using that instead of the other one you installed will probably work. Then you'd be able to remove the other 'new' copy.

Same master password works every time I have logged into my new 1PW account.

Where have you been successfully logging in to your account?

Am looking for direction so that I can use the apps on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone - all accessing the files on the AgileBits server instead of Dropbox as it was doing before.

Have you tried adding your new account on your iPad and/or iPhone (without doing any data importing) and could you see your migrated data there?

I've checked the status of your new 1Password account and it does have items in it (hopefully what you migrated earlier; the details are private). So it looks like you're close to overall success!

It would also be helpful if you'd generate and send us a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

You can attach the report file with an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion in the email.

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. Please post that ticket ID here so we can track down your email with the report.

Thanks in advanced for answers to questions above and sending the diagnostics report. We look forward to further assisting you to use your new 1Password account with all your data on all your devices as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.