On V3.8 of 1Password, try to upgrade to 4...get "This license does not need to be upgraded"

Options
dps1951
dps1951
Community Member

On V3.8 of 1Password, keep getting asked if I want to upgrade to 4...when I try to upgrade get the error "This license does not need to be upgraded" ????????????

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dps1951,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble trying to upgrade your license!

Is it possible you purchased your 1Password 3 for Mac license in 2013 (or later)? 1Password 4 for Mac was a free upgrade for anyone who purchased version 3 in 2013 (also, versions 5 and 6 were free upgrades for anyone with a 1Password 4 for Mac license). That might explain why you're being told you don't need to upgrade. In that case, you can have your license information resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site. Assuming you receive the email, does it confirm that you have a license for a newer version?

If the license email only shows information for 1Password 3 (or if you don't receive an email after trying to have it resent), we'll be happy to look further into this - just send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com in case we need any information (like an email address, receipt, etc) that shouldn't be posted on these public forums. If/when you email us, please also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". 

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• dps1951
    dps1951
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Yes it confirms I have a license for a newer version. It said click here to apply the license and it downloaded a document to my desktop. D....onepassword-license (details removed by moderator). Is there a license # in there I am supposed to enter when I go to upgrade?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just double-click on that file and it should install the licence.

• dps1951
    dps1951
    Community Member
    Options

When I double click I get "There is no application set to open the document" and asks me to choose an application

• rudy
    Options

Hi @dps1951,

The License file expects that you've already downloaded and installed the newer version of 1Password in order for it to process the file and register the newer version. Can you confirm that the new version of 1Password is in your Applications folder before you attempt to double click on the license file?

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.