Purchased 1 Password at the app store for my Mac.

kportell
kportell
Community Member

I purchased I Password for my Mac , the $64.00 subscription . Trying to get it to my Iphone and Ipad Air . When I purchased the app , thats all I did , did noy associate it with any emails. But trying to work through the problem , I went to the website and registered my email , confirmed my email also . But when I request a Liscense , the website doesnt reconize my email . Know that Im messing up somewhere, just running out of steam is all ! LOL Love the App 1Password on my Mac !

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Mini
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kportell
    kportell
    Community Member

Figured it out !!! Had to fill out my Team ! Then scanned the QR code ! LOL

• Jacob
    edited August 2016

Hi @kportell! I'm so sorry for the confusion. To sign in from 1Password.com, you do need an account, but you don't need both an account and a license to use 1Password. I'm very curious why you signed up for a 1Password Families, though. If you are going to use 1Password by yourself, there's a more affordable subscription for one person.

So, at this point I have one main question: How would you like to use 1Password? An account includes everything the standalone app does in addition to:

• Built-in automatic sync across all devices
    • 1Password apps on all your devices
    • Data loss protection
    • Web access to your data on 1Password.com
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items
    • Secure Document storage
    • Brand new multi-factor security model

The only reason to use a standalone app is if you prefer to keep things locally on your computer and want to pay once. You're welcome to sync your data with Dropbox and iCloud using your license. I hope this helps clear things up a bit.

If you would prefer to use a subscription instead, did you purchase the license recently? You can reach out to Apple for a refund if it isn't the way you'd like to use 1Password:

1. Visit https://reportaproblem.apple.com
    2. Sign In with your Apple ID.
    3. Select the "Apps" tab and locate 1Password
    4. Click the "Report a Problem" button
    5. Choose “Problem is not listed here” and explain what happened

You can then start using a subscription instead. We'd be happy to help you convert your account to an individual one. Just send us an email at support@1password.com and we'll get that sorted out. :)

This discussion has been closed.